This delicious, sweet snack is absolutely perfect for afternoon tea or for packing up to enjoy as a bite to eat on the go! With just ten easy ingredients, you won’t be breaking the budget to make this low-maintenance treat that will leave even the fussiest of eaters wanting more.
With such a tasty flavour, this crowd pleasing recipe will instantly become your new favourite. Whip it up whenever you have a free moment as in just half an hour you can have this fresh, warm slice served up with no more fuss!
- Melted butter, to grease
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 70g (2/3 cup) desiccated coconut
- 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 130g (2/3 cup) sultanas
- 95g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180C. Brush 17 x 27cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line base and 2 opposite long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Sift combined flours into bowl. Add oats, coconut, sugar, sultanas and chocolate chips, and stir to combine. Make a well in centre and add melted butter and egg. Use wooden spoon to stir until well combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.