It’s safe to say there’s no better sweet snack than some old-fashioned shortbread – and this super simple four ingredient recipe is the only one you’ll need! If you’re planning an end of year catch-up with friends, whip these biscuits up in no time at all and serve them alongside a nice, hot cuppa.
With a hint of sweetness, the taste is not too overpowering and will bring back memories of reaching for the biscuit tin as a kid. The delicious treat can also be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
- 300g butter softened
- 140g caster sugar, plus extra 4 tbsp
- 300g plain flour
- 140g rice flour
- Cream butter and 120g sugar in food processor. Add both flours and combine well.
- Spread mixture onto a 20 x 30 x 4cm baking tray using hands and cover with a sheet of cling wrap. Place in fridge and leave to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- After mixture has rest for a while, remove cling wrap and mark gently with a fork.
- Use remaining sugar to sprinkle over mixture before baking in a preheated 180c oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, put aside to cool and then cut into thin slices.