There’s nothing better than a mouthwatering curry for a weeknight meal, and this delicious recipe is one of the best for a number of reasons! Not only is the flavour deliciously adventurous and satisfying, but it really does take just ten minutes to whip up.
With little to no effort, cooks of all skill-levels can perfect this peanut chicken curry, making it the perfect introductory dish for those just beginning their cooking journey. Pair it with your preferred amount of sliced chilli and a bed of fluffy rice and you’re good to go!
- 1 brown onion
- 55g (1/3 cup) unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 long fresh red chilli
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 450g pkt microwave long-grain rice
- 1 tbs red curry paste
- 270g can coconut cream
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 130g (1/2 cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 140g (1 cup) pre-shredded carrot
- 100g baby spinach
- Lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- Heat large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. While pan heats up, cut onion into wedges, coarsely chop peanuts and thinly slice chilli. Add oil and onion to pan and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute or until the onion softens slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat rice following packet directions.
- Add curry paste to pan. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Stir in coconut cream, stock and peanut butter. Add chicken. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly and the chicken is cooked through.
- Divide chicken curry and rice among serving bowls. Top with carrot, spinach, peanuts and chilli. Serve with lime wedges, if using.