This mouthwatering Moroccan-inspired dish is absolutely perfect for using up those pantry staples you’ve got in the cupboard. Simply throw together the essentials, cook for under ten minutes and you’re ready to enjoy the flavourful dish!
And thanks to the flexible recipe, this delicious chickpea tagine can be made to suit your individual tastebuds by adding in any spices, herbs or extra ingredients you have in the cupboard. Yum!
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 400g can crushed tomatoes with onion & garlic
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- Heat non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chickpeas and Moroccan seasoning and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup (125ml) water to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 3 mins or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Season.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Stir in 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins. Use a fork to separate the grains. Season. Serve with the chickpea mixture and spinach.