If you’re looking for a lighter dinner option without all of the fuss then give this tasty parmesan crumbed fish a red hot go! With just a handful of ingredients and a super simple recipe, you won’t struggle to perfect this delicious dish.
While you can serve it up with all sorts of sides, we think the combo of some roasted veggies and a garden salad is the best way to go, making sure nothing gets in the way of the mouthwatering combination of fish and parmesan. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup fresh multi-grain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (about 200g each) thick white fish steaks (such as blue eye or kingfish)
- olive oil cooking spray
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Boiled chat potatoes, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, lemon rind, and salt and pepper in bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle mixture with oil. Stir until breadcrumbs are coated in oil.
- Press breadcrumb mixture onto flesh-side of fish fillets to form an even topping.
- Place fish, skin-side down, onto baking tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until crumbs are light golden and fish is just cooked through. Serve with steamed beans, potatoes and lemon wedges.