Don’t miss out on this healthy sweet treat because as soon as you take one bite, you’re sure to be addicted. This option has no added sugar and is definitely low in calories but don’t worry, it still has enough sweetness to satisfy any cravings you might have.
These blueberry and banana muffins are perfect to have alongside your afternoon cuppa or even as a light and tasty after-dinner snack. You can mix up the ingredients in this recipe, adding in your favourite fruits and berries to suit your tastebuds. Yum!
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 2 cups (250g) wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease an 18-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl mash bananas. Add egg, water and oil. Stir together. Add flour, bi-carb soda and baking powder. Mix together with wooden spoon until mostly smooth. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared tins. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden. Check if cooked by inserting skewer and seeing if it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cool in tins for 10 minutes. Turn out of tin and leave to cool completely on wire rack. Serve.