These super simple pumpkin and cheese muffins are the perfect choice when you’re looking for a light snack to keep you full in between meals. Not only do they taste absolutely delicious but they’re also better for you than any other store bought version.
With just five easy ingredients, this simple dish won’t break your budget either! Take them fresh from the oven, slather some melted butter over the top and you’re good to go!
- 520g (2 cups) mashed cooked pumpkin
- 80g (1 cup) grated cheddar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus extra, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Lightly grease twelve 80ml (1/3 cup) muffin pans.
- Place all ingredients in large bowl and season. Use spatula to fold ingredients together until well combined.
- Divide mixture among the prepared muffin pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use flat-bladed knife to gently remove the muffins from pans. Serve warm or at room temperature, sprinkled with extra chopped chives.