These ham, pineapple and parmesan muffins are great to make if you’re pushed for time, as they make a perfect ‘grab and go’ breakfast! Plus this recipe is super flexible, so you can use whatever ingredients you prefer. For example, if you’re not a fan of parmesan cheese, simply swap it our for cheddar or experiment with chopped spinach for an extra veggie punch. Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge and warm up in the microwave before serving!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
- 80g shaved ham, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly grease a six-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into large bowl. Add pineapple, ham and parmesan and stir to combine.
- Using a fork, whisk eggs, milk and oil together in a bowl until well combined.
- Add to dry ingredients. Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin holes with mixture (only two-thirds of the way).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.