If you’re craving a rich, sweet treat to enjoy after dinner with absolutely no guilt then why not give these brownies a go. The tasty bites are flourless and completely gluten-free which makes them much healthier than the traditional recipe.
The sweet treats taste just like sugar-filled chewy brownies and they are perfect for serving up to larger groups of people. With egg-free dough, you can even eat them raw if you’d prefer! Replacing flour with chickpeas means you don’t have to feel guilty about going back for seconds – because trust us, you’ll want to!
- 1 can (450g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 20cm x 20cm pan.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to bowl of food processor. Process until smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips over top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt. Slice into squares. Serve.