If you’re looking for something a bit easier to whip up that still tastes absolutely delicious, give these mouthwatering fritters a red-hot go! With just a handful of easy ingredients and a super straight-forward method, you won’t regret diving into this meal.
The best part about this recipe is just how simple and flexible it is. So if you’re looking to add in or remove some ingredients to suit your personal taste, go right ahead! As long as you have the base ingredients, you just can’t go wrong!
- 260g (1 2/3 cups) frozen peas
- 150g (1 cup) frozen broad beans
- 100g (2/3 cup) wholemeal spelt flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 2 eggs
- 180g halloumi, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook peas and beans in saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Peel and discard the pod from beans. Process beans and 1 cup of peas in food processor until combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl. Season. Make a well in centre. Whisk milk and eggs together in jug. Add to well and stir until smooth. Stir in bean mixture, halloumi, mint, shallot and remaining peas until a thick batter forms.
- Heat half oil in non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add three 1⁄4-cupfuls of batter, flattening slightly. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Turn. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat in 3 batches with remaining oil and batter. Serve.