This tasty treat is one of those unique dishes that can be whipped up for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Not only is it super tasty but it’s also incredibly easy to make in absolutely no time at all!
With just a few easy ingredients, all you really have to do is cook it all up, throw it in a pan and bake it for the right amount of time. This one is also an absolute star when it comes to sneaking in a few extra ingredients that you might need to use up in the kitchen to make sure nothing goes to waste!
- 2 medium (400g) sebago potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 70g pancetta, chopped
- 100g baby spinach
- 200g red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly grease 5cm-deep, 26cm x 16.5cm (base) ovenproof dish. Pierce each potato 4 times with skewer. Place in heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add pancetta. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender and pancetta golden. Add spinach. Cook for 1 minute or until spinach is just wilted.
- Combine onion mixture, tomatoes and capsicum in a bowl. Arrange half potato, in a single layer, over prepared dish. Top with half the onion mixture. Repeat with remaining potato and onion mixture.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a bowl. Gently pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan and tasty cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until egg mixture is set and top golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.