This tasty treat is a perfect snack for those moments when you find yourself craving something sweet, just team it with a steaming hot mug of tea and enjoy.
You definitely won’t regret whipping up this loaf as it’s quick and easy and uses just a handful of super accessible ingredients and the recipe is also incredibly budget-friendly. This fruity loaf tastes best fresh out of the oven, but don’t be afraid to pop it in an airtight container and enjoy it in moderation throughout the week!
- 150g butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line base and sides of a 7cm deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, leaving 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Use electric mixer to cream butter and sugar until pale. Add egg, in 2 batches, beating well after each addition. Stir in banana. Sift flour and baking powder over banana mixture. Add milk. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Carefully fold in raspberries.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 10 even slices. Serve.