Although this delicious Italian favourite may taste like a gourmet pasta dish, this cheat’s version will take just 15 short minutes to whip up without skimping on the flavour that you know and love! With an easy method and just a handful of ingredients, enjoy this pasta carbonara as your new delectable weeknight meal.
As this recipe doesn’t include a long list of ingredients – don’t be afraid to add some additional bits and pieces that will spice up the end product even more, or simply serve it up as it is with the perfect mix of creamy sauce and pasta!
- 375g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g shortcut bacon rashers, cut into 2cm-long pieces
- 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook for 4 minutes or until crisp.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks, cream and parmesan in a jug. Season with pepper.
- Add bacon and egg mixture to pasta. Cook, tossing, over low heat for 1 minute or until combined. Top with parsley. Serve.