If you’re after a lighter dinner that won’t leave you feeling too stuffed, give this creamy lemon salmon dish a red hot go! With just a handful of ingredients, this meal is one of the easiest to whip up as it really is as simple as throwing all of the ingredients into a baking tray and popping it in the oven.
You can serve this up as a main meal on its own or switch out the pasta for some fluffy white rice that has been infused with the creamy lemon sauce for extra flavour. Enjoy this dish all to yourself or save it for when you can see your family and friends again! Enjoy!
- 305g (1 1/2 cups) dried risoni pasta
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- 160ml (2/3 cup) pouring cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 180g skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Lemon slices, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan forced. Spread the risoni evenly over the base of a 5cm-deep, 20 x 30cm baking dish. Add the stock, cream and lemon rind and stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the salmon, top side down, for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the foil from the baking dish (beware of steam escaping). Stir the risoni and place the salmon, cooked side up, on top, pressing gently into the risoni. Arrange the zucchini, asparagus and peas around the salmon. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Scatter with the shallot and mint leaves and serve with lemon slices.