A simple, tasty chicken dish is perfect for any night of the week, whether you’re cooking for one or for a whole crowd of people. And this recipe combines zesty and sweet flavours to spice up a truly classic dish in no time at all.
The sauce is incredibly easy to make in under three minutes, before it’s poured over the succulent, lightly crispy chicken. Serve it up alongside some roasted veggies and you have a complete meal that’s absolutely to die for!
- 500g chicken breast (2 breasts)
- Salt and pepper
- 35g plain flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup (185ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Lemon slices, to serve
- Capers, to serve
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally to form 4 steaks in total. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each side. Place flour in shallow dish. Coat chicken in flour and shake off excess. Mix 1 tsp of left over flour with water. Set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in large saucepan over medium high heat until butter is melted. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and cook the other side until golden brown, then transfer onto a plate to rest.
- Add garlic to pan. Stir for 20 seconds or until golden. Add chicken stock and bring to simmer. Scrape brown bits from bottom of pan into liquid.
- Add honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and flour/water mixture into pan. Mix and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over chicken top with lemon slices and capers. Serve.