You can’t go wrong with a good soup recipe and this mouthwatering dinner dish is a truly comforting one! With just a handful of ingredients and around an hour of your time, you can enjoy this creamy, flavourful sweet potato soup with minimal kitchen stress.
The recipe is quite flexible so don’t be afraid of throwing in some extra veggies that you think might suit the flavour or some extra seasoning to really treat your tastebuds. But whatever you do, don’t forget to serve it up with a big generous serving of bread to soak up every last drop!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1.2kg orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 to 5 cups chicken style liquid stock
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add sweet potato, 4 cups stock and apple. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Use hand blender to puree soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan over low heat. Stir in coconut cream. Heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until hot (do not allow to boil). Add more stock if soup is too thick. Season with pepper. Serve.