If you’re looking for a tasty savoury muffin recipe to enjoy throughout the day, you can’t go past this amazing zucchini and cheese version.
With a super simple recipe and a flavour that is to die for, these easy muffins will also last in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days or they can be frozen for a longer period of time. They’re absolutely perfect for a picnic or as a healthy snack to satisfy your cravings between meals. Yum!
- 300g plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 220mL milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 130g grated zucchini
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease a muffin pan. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg and oil. Whisk well. Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Whisk until just combined.
- Add zucchini, cheese, onion and thyme. Mix with wooden spoon. Spoon batter into prepared tin. Bake for 30-35 mins until tops are golden and cooked through. Leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Serve warm.