This delicious and warm chicken soup truly is one of the best dishes to treat your mind, body and soul! After a crazy holiday season, jump back into your routine with this mouthwateringly tasty soup that will leave you feeling a million bucks.
This chicken and corn soup will go down an absolute treat with everyone who tries it. Not only is this recipe easy to whip up, but it’s a great source of protein and super low in calories. You can make it even more filling by pairing it with some dipping bread or a side of rice for something a bit different!
- 1 litre chicken style liquid stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 420g can creamed corn
- 125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Shallots, chopped, to serve
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, place stock, garlic, creamed corn, corn kernels, half the onion and 1 cup of cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Stir well to combine. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Make sure mixture is heated through.
- Slowly add in egg white. Add oil. Transfer to serving bowls. Top with shallots. Serve.