What could be better than digging into a delicious chocolate brownie for dessert? And the best thing about these treats is how quick and easy they are to whip up – ideal for beginners and experts alike.
With the perfect amount of sweetness, these no-fuss brownies are absolutely ideal for bringing along to family get-togethers or even popping into an airtight container to be enjoyed at a later date. They’re great warmed up and served with a dollop of cream or enjoyed on their own with a cuppa.
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150g butter, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line 16 x 26cm slice pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing sides to overhang.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Stir the whisked egg into the chocolate mixture. Sift over the top the sugar, flour and cocoa powder, and stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Use the back of spoon to spread mixture onto the corners of the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Set aside in the pan for 6 hours to cool.