This mouthwatering dinner is absolutely exploding with flavour and will instantly become your new favourite go-to for an easy weeknight meal. With just enough to serve two people, this prawn curry is great for those looking to whip up a tasty, fresh dinner without all the fuss.
You can serve this up on its own or on a bed of fluffy rice to make sure the flavour of the curry is always the star of the show. Pile on a scoop of Greek yoghurt to compliment the spice of the chilli and you’re good to go. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, chopped, plus extra sliced to serve
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Zest and juice of 1 small lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1 lemongrass stalk (inner core only), finely chopped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1kg green prawns, peeled, deveined
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large deep frypan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add chilli, tomato, stock, fish sauce, lime zest and juice, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, spring onion, tamarind and coconut milk, then stir to combine. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in coriander and prawns, then season and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until prawns are just cooked.
- Sprinkle extra chilli and coriander over prawns, then serve with steamed rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.