If you’re looking for a way to repurpose some leftover food, try these mouthwateringly-good savoury muffins. With just a handful of super accessible ingredients and a nice and easy method, this recipe is the perfect midweek snack.
These cheese and pumpkin muffins are not only an ideal size for a quick treat, but they’re also great for throwing into a container and enjoying at a later date. Serve them up on their own or with a spread of your choice and enjoy!
- 520g (2 cups) mashed cooked pumpkin
- 80g (1 cup) grated cheddar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives, plus extra, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Lightly grease twelve 80ml (1/3 cup) muffin pans. Place all ingredients in large bowl and season. Use spatula to fold ingredients together until well combined. Divide mixture among prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden (they will sink slightly on cooling). Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use a flat-bladed knife to gently remove the muffins from the pans. Serve warm or at room temperature, sprinkled with extra chopped chives, if you like.