Savoury, healthy and hearty, these delicious roasted stuffed mushrooms are a winner!
This tasty recipe is super easy to whip up and perfect for those lazy days when you just don’t feel like slaving in the kitchen for hours. It’s also a great option for vegetarians and a nice budget-friendly addition to the dinner table. The tasty filling is bursting with flavour thanks to the ricotta, spinach and lemon zest and it goes perfectly with the juicy mushroom base.
They’re so tasty, it’s impossible to only eat one!
- 8 large flat mushrooms
- Olive oil spray
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- 1 large bunch English spinach, trimmed
- 250g low-fat ricotta
- 30g seed mix
- 1 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- Trim stems from mushrooms, finely chop.
- Heat non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Spray with oil.
- Cook onion, stirring for five minutes.
- Add mushroom stem. Cook for three minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring for one minute.
- Place spinach in bowl (heatproof), cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Finely chop and place in bowl. Stir in onion mixture, ricotta, seeds and lemon rind. Season with pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place mushrooms, cut-side up on prepared tray. Divide mixture among mushrooms.
- Cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast for further 10 minutes.