This classic ricotta and asparagus tart is perfect for a simple yet tasty dinner during summer. This delicious recipe includes flaky puff pastry, filled with ricotta, parmesan and asparagus, to create a mouth-watering flavour.
It’s great on its own or paired with a fresh garden salad and simple olive oil dressing. The simplicity here is great, but you can add any other toppings you think would go well. Try sun-dried tomatoes or Kalamata olives for a Mediterranean twist.
Reheat any leftovers by putting the tart on a tray, covering with aluminium foil and heating in the oven at 160°C for about 15 minutes. It’s so tasty, you’ll be coming back for more!
- 16 sheets filo pastry
- 500g smooth ricotta
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 3 bunched asparagus, ends trimmed
- Extra virgin olive oil
Ad. Article continues below.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place one filo sheet on clean work surface. Spray with olive oil.
- Top with another filo sheet and spray with oil.
- Continue layering six more sheets to create a stack.
- Place on tray. Repeat with remaining filo to make another stack.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, parmesan, garlic, eggs and lemon juice in bowl.
- Season. Spread evenly over filo, leaving 3cm boarder.
- Arrange asparagus over mixture. Fold filo edges over boarder.
- Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and drizzle with oil.