For a quick mid-week snack the whole family will love, these super easy veggie balls are a must-try!
This fantastic recipe includes fresh parsley, coriander, peas and chickpeas, all thrown in together to create a nourishing flavour.
With festivities in full swing, this recipe makes for the perfect Christmas lunch or dinner companion.
Drizzled in a sweet Greek yoghurt dressing, it’s so tasty you’ll be coming coming back for seconds.
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 3 garlic gloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 500g frozen peas, thawed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place one cup parsley, one cup coriander, garlic, dill, peas, chickpeas, flour and cumin in food processor.
- Process until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over bicarbonate of soda. Season with salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Heat vegetable oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll pea mixture into 3cm balls.
- Shallow-fry, in batches, for two minutes, each side.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Combine yogurt and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Drizzle with yogurt sauce and enjoy!