This flavoursome dish is the perfect comfort food for a rainy day.
The delicious, creamy dressing and herbed flavour make this dish perfect for pairing with rice, pasta, and rustic bread. The dish uses potatoes, chicken, garlic, thyme, and oregano to bulk out the flavour. The key to this dish is to tenderise the chicken so it is falling apart on your fork.
This recipe can be made in just one pan; that means there is less washing up for you.
One bite of this dish and your guests will be begging for more!
Ad. Article continues below.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp finely chopped rosemary
- ½ tsp finely chopped thyme
- ¼ tsp finely chopped oregano
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh herbs for topping
- Tenderise chicken with a mallet into thin, even slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a frypan and sear chicken over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan, then add the potatoes, garlic, and herbs.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until potatoes are soft and cooked through (pierce the potatoes with a fork to check) .
- Add the cream cook potato mixture for 5 minutes, stirring to make sure the mixture is combined.
- Season with salt and pepper then add the chicken back into the pan.
- Mix and coat the chicken in the cream sauce.
- Garnish with herbs and serve.