Answers to 70s quiz questions
1. The line “Houston, we’ve had a problem” was famously uttered aboard what troubled spaceflight? Apollo 13
2. Name every actress who played an ‘angel’ on Charlie’s Angels. Farrah Fawcett, Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd, Shelley hack, Tanya Roberts
3. What colour is the car that Starsky & Hutch drive? Red with a white strip
4. What are the real names of the cast of Gilligan’s Island? Bob Denver, Alan Hale, Russell Johnson, Tina Louise, Dawn Wells, Jim Backus, Natalie Shafer
5. Name all six Brady kids. Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, Cindy.
6. What was the highest grossing film of the 70s? Star Wars
7. In which year were the first of the three ‘Godfather’ films released? 1972
8. In which year of the 70s was ‘Jaws’ released? 1975
9. Which U.S. President resigned in 1974? Richard Nixon
10. Tony Manero was a character in which well-known 1970s hit movie? Saturday Night Fever
11. Which of these trends was popular in the seventies?
a. Lava Lamps
12. If you wanted to be stylish in the seventies, what kind of jeans would you have worn?
c. Bell bottoms
13. What was the top selling song of the seventies? American Pie – Don Mclean
14. In which year did The Police have a UK number 1 hit with Message In A Bottle? 1979
15. Which artist had a hit with The First Cut is the Deepest in May 1977? Rod Stewart
16. Which Queen song did record bosses try to insist was too long at over 6 minutes? Bohemian Rhapsody
17. Abba had a hit about which battle in 1974? Waterloo
18. What cold war conflict ended with the fall of Saigon in April of 1975? Vietnam
19. What American singer-songwriter, who is considered by many to be the greatest electric guitarist in music history, died in 1970? Jimi Hendrix
20. Who played the role of Rizzo in the 1978 musical film, Grease? Stockard Channing